April 10, Alexander performed at “Eurovision Preparty Riga” in Palladium concert hall in Riga. “Eurovision Preparty Riga” is an annual Eurovision Song Contest (ESC) promotional event held in Riga, Latvian capital, usually 6 weeks before the ESC final. The main idea of the event is to promote songs that will take part in ESC of that year. In addition to Alexander, other special guests attended the party – the winner of ESC 2011 Eldar Gasimov, winner of ESC 2002 Marie N, and 3rd place holder of ESC 2013 Zlata Ognevich.
Recording of Alexander’s appearance. The video is also available on Vimeo
Playlist: “Europe’s skies”, “In the Hall of the Mountain King”,
“Into A Fantasy”, “Roll with the Wind”, ESC-Medley
Alexander performed “Into a Fantasy” and “Roll with the Wind” with talented children at the New Year and Christmas show in Kiev. The shooting took place at the Palace “Ukraine” on December 13, and the show was broadcasted on New Year’s Eve.
Autograph: Martin Johansen got Alexander Rybak’s autograph on his body and will probably not wash that for a while
Happiness is an autograph on the belly
NORD ODAL: Martin Johansen will not wash his belly for a long time. Because his new hero has written his autograph there.
– It was very nice to talk to Alexander Rybak , but I don’t remember what he said, the guy from Sarpsborg says, who was one of nearly 100 mentally challenged who flocked to the fiddle playing artist after the concert at Sand in Nord-Odal Saturday afternoon. Alexander Rybak took his time with autographs, and he was one of the main reasons for the high show factor of the 5th Morodalsfestivalen.
– For four years we have tried to get Alexander Rybak here, and for four years it has rained during our festival. Now Rybak came, and the sun came with him, a satisfied Olav Hagen said, who guided a crowd of more than 1,000 people through the weekend’s festival below Milepelen Inn.
Upload and Russian translation by Sonya Luzina. English translation by Laura Ser. Subs by Julia B. Croatian translation by Karolina Pavlov. Slovak translation by Danka Čolláková. Czech translation by Petra Hauserová. Polish translation by Martyna Agnieszka Jasińska. German translation by Simone Schmidt.
Alexander visited TVP1 in Poland – on November 15th 2011 – and performed in the polish TV-show “Jaka to melodia”. A number of songs were recorded with a live audience, and will be shown in following broadcasts of the show. The show is the analogue of “Name that tune”.
Screenshot from broadcast 3 by Tessa Lande
1. ” Fairytale” by Alexander Rybak. Broadcast 27.11.2011
Upload and subtitles by Julia B. English translation by Martyna Agnieszka Jasińska.
2. “Viva la vida” by Coldplay. Broadcast 18.12.2011
Upload by Yanis B.
3. “Always a woman” by Billy Joel. Broadcast 08.01.2012
Found by Patrycja Pajor. Recording by Sonya L.
4. “Roll with the wind” by Alexander Rybak/Maarten
& Lina Eriksson. Broadcast 15.03.2012
Recording by Ulli Cologne.
5. “Europe’s Skies” by Alexander Rybak. Broadcast 11.12.2012
Alexander was the guest at the popular TV show “Pame Paketo” on Alpha TV in Greece. The episode was aired on October 13, although the shootings for the show had occurred on September 30. The show is about reuniting people who have been apart for years, by sending them a package. In this case, several of Alexander’s Greek fans, who had not met him for 2,5 years, were the package senders.
1) The show “Pame Paketo” (“Πάμε Πακέτο” = The Package), Alpha TV 13.10.2011
Available with various subtitles, click CC. Names of contributors shown at the beginning.