Recording by Sonya Luzina. English translation by Hildebjørg Ha. Russian translation by Zhanna Sergueeva.Turkish translation by Tülay Aydın. German translation by Sabine Fundel. Subs by Julia Bezbakh.
Article was found by Valeria Platonova, translated by Sonya Luzina
Alexander Rybak plays on two fronts
Norwegian handsome fiddler manages everything: he shoots the video clip, tours through Europe with concert, participates to the talent shows … even to two shows simultaneously: Swedish show “Let’s Dance” and Ukrainian show “Zirka+zirka-2″ [” Singing with the stars”].
My dance partner is always with me
– Sasha, have you immediately agreed to participate to the show “Let’s Dance”?
– I hesitated a bit before confirming. When I was a teenager I danced a little in the styles which were popular in the 90’s. Some videos can even be found on YouTube. But I was very interested to try out different styles. Now I am invited to the similar shows in other countries, for example to Russia. But I dance only in Sweden yet, and rehearse in Ukraine in between recording of “Zirka + zirka-2”
– So, your dance partner Malin Johansson comes with you? Continue reading Alexander Rybak’s interview to Ukrainian magazine “Serial”
Alexander Rybak & Malin Johansson dancing Charleston at Let’s Dance’s Final in Stockholm, 25 March 2011.
Here we collected all videos from Alexander’s last day of participation to Let’s dance show. Unfortunately he was kicked off this time. But he did great performances and we all hope we’ll see him dancing more;) Enjoy!
1. Alexander Rybak & Malin Johansson. Salsa & Bugg.
Upload by Yannis P. English translation by Laila Solum Hansen. Subs and Russian translation by Zhanna Sergueeva. More translations are coming soon:)
Recording by Yannis P. English translation by Tessa La. Russian translation and subs by Zhanna Sergueeva. Greek translation by Yannis Pap. Czech translation by Jitka Holanova.
By Jon Forsling, published in Aftonbladet.se March 4, 2011
Thanks to Ingegerd Claesson , who found and translated it.
Rybak has vomited several times during ”Let’s dance” – now he speaks out about the drama. The dramatic vomiting during the live broadcast wasn’t a one-time happening. Now Alexander Rybak,24, choose to speak about what caused the drama in ”Let’s dance” last week.
– I have been very, very depressed, he says.
It was last week the Norwegian Eurovision winner Alexander Rybak, 24, unexpectedly interrupted an interview with David Hellenius in TV4’s ”Let’s dance”. He had just finished his dance performance with his partner Malin Johansson when he suddenly excused himself.
– Dear jury and David, can you entertain Malin for a minute? I just have to run to the bathroom, he said during the live broadcast and rushed out.
Start competing for real now
Afterwards he revealed that he had to go to a toilet to vomit. The reason given was a temporary stomach disease or food poisoning, but Alexander Rybak now chooses to tell Nöjesbladet[section of Aftonbladet] the truth.
– It has been like this the last weeks, I just have managed to hide it.
Do you mean that you have vomited several times during this period?
-Yes, yes. But I’m feeling much better now.
Then he starts talking and tells that the time in ”Let’s dance” have been full of physical and emotional problems:
– I haven’t had a vacation for three years. I have started to say no to some things now, but before I was trying to be an ”alpha-male” and be able to do many things at the same time. Now I’m happy that I didn’t try to be happy during those periods when I was very, very depressed. Now it feels like I can start to compete for real. ”Let’s dance is like a long distance race, now I have a completely different attitude.
Only breaths through the mouth
What was it that made you feel bad?
– It was many factors that impacted it. Private stuff that I don’t want to talk about, at the same time it was all the jobs I was doing. It didn’t give my any time to think about private matters until I was going to bed. Then I started to think about my private problems and couldn’t sleep. Then there’s a medical problem which makes it only possible to breath through my mouth, I’m getting treatment and eats a lot of tablets. I have only been healthy for ten days this year.
Have you gotten any help for this?
– Yes I have sought more professional help than I ever thought I was going to need.
Are you talking with someone or is it more of a medical help?
– Both. Everyone has stated that I’m normal. I’m just Norwegian(laugh).
What does your family say?
– It was dad who convinced me to continue with ”Let’s Dance”.
He said; ”It’s good that you listen to the doctors , but if you quit now you will always feel the pressure, because you once quit a job”.
Were you seriously thinking about leaving ”Let’s Dance”?
– Everyone around me said I should do it. But I made the best out of the situation.
After ”Let’s dance” Alexander Rybak plans to take it easier.
-I hope I will able to leave the pop-star life for a while. I have made two albums in two years, and I’m very privileged. That part of being famous is fun.
– But I do not feel that I am accomplishing anything great in the world by dancing.
Name : Alexander Igorevich Rybak. Age : 24. Lives : Oslo. Profession : Artist and composer. Family : Mother Natasha and father Igor. When asked if he has a girlfriend, Rybak answers cryptically: “I will find out in two days”. Breakthrough : On a broad front in 2009 when he won the Eurovision song song test with the song “Fairytale”. Has released two albums: “Fairytales” in 2009 and “No boundaries” in 2010. Current : Competes in TV4’s “Let’s dance” tonight, together with Malin Johansson.
Recorded by Sonya Luzina.
Found and translated by Tessa La. Recorded by Sonya Luzina. Russian tranlstion and subs by Julia Bezbakh. Czeck tranlsatoin by Jitka Holanova.
Alexander and Malin , Jive and Marathon. Also interviews of several facebookies and his father. Notice that he had a stomach flue.
Recording, subs and Greek translation by Yannis P. English translation by Sara Anja. Russian translation by Zhanna Sergueeva. Polish translation by Monika Fronczak. Czech by Jitka Holanova.
Here you can see the moment when Alexander passes to the next round.
English by Sara Anja, Russian by Sonya Luzina.
Video recording by Julia Bezbakh. Tranlsation into English by Laila Solum Hansen. Tranlsation into Russian and subs by Zhanna Sergueeva. Czeck tranlation by Jitka Holanova.
(video by amioxe channel)
Recording by Julia Bezbakh. English translation by Tessa La. Russian translation by Zhanna Sergueeva. Czech translation by Jitka Holanova. Polish translation by Marzenka. Turkish translation by Alev CT. Subtitles by Julia Bezbakh.
Many thanks to Vera Bernäng, who found and translated it.
“It feels like hell”
By Emelie Molinder
Alexander Rybak has many strings on his violin. In “Let’s Dance” has the norwegian showed that he can both dance in high heels and charm the swedish TV viewers.
Are the costumes important?
-Yes, it wouldn’t have been so fun to dance walz with Malin if she wore a salsa skirt. Everything should be right.
You’ve danced in high heels, how is that?
– It feels like hell. It’s hard to wear high heels and at the same time try to look masculine. It’s like trying to wrinkle your eyebrows and look happy at the same time.
– I think that a man is the most masculine when he has a feminine side,- said Alexanders dance partner Malin.
Found and translated by Tessa La.
From dancing to romantic composition.
With empathy Alexander Rybak explained how his self-composed classical piece has to be played. Monday evening he was in Kristiansund to rehearse with the musicians of the opera ballet. Continue reading Alexander’s interview to Tidens Krav newspaper, 9.2.11
Recording by Julia Bezbakh, technical part by Marion K. English translation by Tessa La. Russian translation by Zhanna Sergueeva. Subtitles by Julia Bezbakh.
From TV4 – Let’s Dance in Sweden.
Both videos found and translated to English by Tessa La (thanks!), technical process and Greek translation by Yannis P. Turkish translation by Alev Ct. Russian translation by Sonya Luzina. Czech translation (second video only) by Jitka Holanova.
Website of the magazine frida.se
FRIDA has danced with Alexander Rybak
His fingers are used to dance over the violin strings with wonderful results, but how fast our Norwegian singer favourite can move his feet, is about to be documented during today’s dance lesson with Alexander Rybak. Going to the room where the singer exercises his abilities with his partner Malin Johansson, we pass some charming obstacles like a freshly showered Andreas Weise and Björn Ranelid eating lunch. He greets us with at least five “hej”. But today we are Team Alexander and hurry from his contestants.
Video from practise room and interview to Aftonbladet, 20.01.2011
(English translation by Tessa La, Turkish translation by Alev CT; recording, Russian translation and subs by Julia Bezbakh)
Video from rehearsal and interview for Expressen, 20.01.2011
(English translation by Tessa La, Russian translation by Julia Bezbakh, Turkish translation by Alev CT, recording and subs by Yannis P.)
Video from the rehearsal and little interview to Aftonbladet, 21.01.2011
(Recording and Russian translation by Sonya Luzina, English translation by Tessa La, Turkish translation by Alev CT, subs by Julia Bezbakh)
Video recording by Julia Bezbakh. English translation by Tessa La. Russian translation by Sonya Luzina. Greek translation and subtitle syncing by Yannis P.
The article was published in “Sport Baldet”, January 20th, 2011
Link to the original: http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/trav365/article8440884.ab
(English translation by Mary-Ann H., Russian translation by Sofia Khodorovskaya)
Frank Anderson and Alexander Rybak gamble on horse races at Solvalla.
– I won SEK 10 000, said Frank Anderson.
Throughout the week Frank Anderson, 54, and Alexander Rybak, 24, practicing jive and tango for “Let’s Dance” on Friday. Continue reading Nights in Stockholm. Rybak and others from Let’s dance
(English translation by Tessa La, Turkish translation by Alev CT, Russian translation and subtitles by Olina N.)
Rumba dance and judges opinions.
(uploaded, subtitled and translated into Greek by Yannis P., English translation by Tessa La, Russian translation by Olina Novikova)
Interview after the performance
(found and translated into English translation by Ingegerd Claesson, Russian translation and subs by Olina N.)
One more short interview after the performance
(English translation by Tessa La, Russian translation and subs by Olina N.)
(found and translated by Tessa La)
Rybak and his dance partner deny romance rumors
Before and after Alexander Rybak’s dance debut in Sweden, the romance rumors were swarming. To the Her and Nå he denies that there is any romance.
“Here Alexander is flirting wildly”,- wrote the Swedish newspaper Expressen after Alexander Rybak and his dance partner Malin Johansson had performed their English waltz in the opening program of “Let’s Dance” on Swedish TV4 on Friday night. Continue reading Article about ALexander in “Let’s dance”. Norwegian paper issue “Her og Naa”, 10.11.11
Alexander’s introduction by the host, performance of a waltz under the music of Prince’s “Purple Rain” with Malin Johansson, rating by the jury, short interview after the performance.
Translation to English by Ingegerd Claesson. Translation to Russian by Olina Novikova. Translation to Turkish by Alev Canbulat. Access provided by Tessa La. Upload, Greek translation and sub-syncing by Yannis P.
Another short backstage interview: “Can Alexander speak Swedish?”
Translation to English by Veronica Nord. Translation to Russian by Olina Novikova. Upload and sub-syncing by Yannis P.
English translation by Vigdis Ar.
Uploading and subs by Julia Bezbakh