Alexander Rybak takes part in the charity concert for flood victims in Pakistan
The concert takes place at Radisson Blue Scandinavia Hotel in Oslo, Norway, the 10. August 2010 at 18.00 – 20.00 CET.
The following artists takes part in the concert:
Sara Chen and Annie Khalid
Star-studded support concert for the flood victims in Pakistan
Source: VG.no 6. August 2010
Translation by Marianne Saietz.
Extract from the article (read the full article in the link above).
OSLO (VG Nett): Alexander Rybak, Didrik Solli-Tangen and the pop- group A1 are among the artists, who at short notice volunteers to show support for those affected by the flood disaster.
– Now it is important to help those, who need it most, and I am very happy that these enthusiastic artists have agreed to participate, says Aamir J. Sheikh to VG Nett.
He is a conservative politician, leader of the Norwegian-Pakistani 14.augustkommitteen and initiator of the benefit-concert for flood -victims in Pakistan. Now they have got, among others, Alexander Rybak and Didrik Solli-Tangen on the team.
– I get affected of what has happened. And when I can contribute in such a simple way as this, I don’t need to know everything about what has happened. The most important, is to contribute, says Rybak to VG Nett.
His buddy, Solli-Tangen, agrees:
– This is such a little cost for us, but it can mean a lot to what, can be done. So it is a great way to support the flood- victims, says this year’s Norwegian Eurovision-participant.
Give your candy money
– It is still not certain, what the two artists will contribute with at the concert, but Rybak says he wants to do something classic. Solli-Tangen emphasizes that there is no intentions of making a sad concert, even if the message is, to help people who are in need.
– This should be a concert, that will make people happy, he says.
Now they both hope that the Norwegian people will pay attention to the the flood disaster and contribute.
– You do not need to give much. Come to the concert and give what you would have spent on candy on Saturday, says Solli-Tangen.
– The important thing is to care and to help, says Rybak.
INFORMATION ABOUT THE CONCERT:
In several of the flood-hit areas in northwestern Pakistan, there is now a desperate need for food. Nearly two million people will need food- aid over the coming weeks. According to the UN, 3.2 million people are affected by the flood. Several villages have disappeared in the water, and between 80.000 and 130.000 homes are destroyed or damaged.
UN estimates, that nearly one million people have lost their homes in the flood.
14. August Committee invites to a benefit- concert for flood victims in Pakistan
Date: august 10th, 2010
Time: 6:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.
Place: Radisson Blu Scandinavia Hotel Holbergsgt. 30, 0166 Oslo
The following artists appear to support the concert:
Didrik Solli Tangen,
Sara Chen and Annie Khalid
There is free access, but we urge those attending the concert, and the entire Norwegian population to provide support to the Red Cross to help flood victims in Pakistan. HE Faiz Mohammed Koslo, the Pakistani ambassador in Norway will be present at the concert. 14. August Committee wishes to thank all volunteers, artists who participate and co-workers Astrid Urbye, David Bakke, Lebara, Coca-Cola Drikker AS, Reitan gruppen and Radisson blu Scandinavia Hotel for excellent cooperation.
Other articles from norwegian press about the benefit-concert for Pakistan: