Two exciting weeks for Norway, Alexander Rybak and his fans.
Eurovision Song Contest 2018 has already started in Lisbon and will end with the Grand Final the 12th of May.
Eurovision.tv. is ESC’s official website. Follow them also on:
On Eurovision.TV’s social media you will find everything you need to follow the happenings in Lisbon. They post a Daily Digest and upload a recap of the day on YouTube. There are plenty of ESC websites worth following, and we have listed some of them further down in this post.
Alexander and the Norwegian delegation are heading for Lisbon Monday 30th of April.
There will be several events during these 2 weeks. All the artists will perform live at the main stage in the ESC Village. Several of the delegations will have their own parties for the accredited fans and press, and two rehearsal the first week, and then 3 shows before the 2. semi-final. And the same order with the Grand Final. Below we have listed up the information we know so far.
1st rehearsals (30 minutes) – 2nd rehearsals (20 minutes)
Before the 1st rehearsal each country gets instructions on safety, the dressing room area is presented, and there will be an In-Ear Monitoring Rehearsal backstage.
After the 1st rehearsal each delegation go to the Viewing Room, to see the recording of the rehearsal. Here any changes on visuals, camera work, choreography, etc. will be discussed. After this, there will be a makeup consultation, and the Press Meet & Greet takes place.
Alexander’s official footsteps the next 2 weeks that we know off so far:
The (closed) in brackets means that only accredited people can be present. (Tickets) means you need to have a ticket to attend.
All times given are in CET, which is one hour after the local time.
- 30th April – Alexander and the Norwegian delegation leaves for Lisbon
- 30th April – Alexander is invited to Fillip Kirkorov’s birthday party.
- 1st May – 1. rehearsal at 11.00 – 11.30 (closed)
- 1st May – Press “Meet&Greet” 13.25-13.45 (closed)
- 4th May – 2. rehearsal at 12.40 – 13.00 (closed)
- 4th May – Press “Meet&Greet” at 13.45 – 14.05 (closed)
- 4th May – Nordic Night Event – Alexander performing on main stage at the Eurovision Village stage sometime between 20.00-20.40.
- 4th – TV-show, Norway – Alexander is guest in the Norwegian talk-show “Senkveld” at 22.15
- 6th – “Blue Carpet“ at 18.00 at MAAT and later the opening ceremony at Lisbon’s Electricity Museum (closed)
- 7th – Alexander Rybak visits the Music School Metropolitana.
- 7th – Garden party at the Norwegian Embassy
- 8th – Alexander takes part in the pre-ESC show «Studio Eurovision on SVT. At 20.00 CET. Link to watch HERE
- 9th – Press rehearsal at 15.00-17.25 (closed)
- 9th – Jury Show at 21.00-23.10 (tickets)
- 10th – Family show at 15.00-17.10 (tickets)
- 10th – TV-show, Norway at 20.10 – 21.00 – Hello Europe! – Documentary about Alexander on NRK1 before the 2. semi-final – pre-recorded.
- 10th – 2. Semi-final at 21.00- 23.10 (tickets) – Live streamed
- 10th – Press conference – 23.30 – 00.10 (for the artists/countries who passed on to the Grand Final) live streamed
All times given in CET
The running order of the Grand Final : Alexander starts as nr 7
- 11th – Press rehearsal at 14.00-17.00 (closed)
- 11th – Jury Show at 21.00-00.30
- 12th – Family show at 14.00-17.30
- 12th – Grand Final at 21.00- 00.30 – live streamed
- 12th – Press conference for the winner – TBA – Live streamed
How to watch Eurovision 2018
The Semi-finals and the Grand Final will be shown on TV in the participating countries. Some of the countries only broadcast the Semi-final in which the country is participating. More info about online watching and the ESCApp HERE
- The best viewing experience is of course via your national public broadcaster, featuring your national commentator(s) and on-screen voting information.
- The live shows will also be streamed live on YouTube
- The live stream will be without commentary
- The stream will NOT be available in USA, Canada, Brazil and South Korea
- Viewers from USA can watch the Grand Final live via Logo TV
Websites worth following, and also their social medias, especially Instagrama nd YouTube :
- NRKMGP on TWITTER and INSTAGRAM
- Esckaz.com – and their Lisbon blog
- escboobleon YT – Daily interviews with the artists