Link to original article:
by Fredrik Furuseth, tv2.no
English translation by Marianne Saietz, Russian translation by Zhanna Sergeeva
With more than 500 fake profiles on the website Facebook, Alexander Rybak is perhaps the most troubled by identity theft, among Norwegian celebrities.
The worst is, when people with bad intentions steal his identity to get in contact with young boys and girls.
Some of the pictures, used on the fake profiles are private, and shows the ESC- winner in bare chest and wearing only swimwear.
The profiles pretend to be Rybaks private – and several of them have made contact with fans and admirers who believe, they are talking directly to Rybak himself.
That is not the case.
Warns fans, not to be naive
Now, Alexander’s support and manager, warns that young people can be fooled – and reveals at the same time, that the management has take daily action to reduce the damage around all the fake profiles.
In the worst case, an adult can pretend to be Rybak to seek out children on Facebook.
– There has popped up many fake profiles of people who steal Alexander’s identity. We are constantly blocking and removing them. The worst is when people with bad intentions steal his identity to get in contact with young boys and girls, “says Rybaks manager Kjell Arild Tiltnes to” Good evening Norway .
Girl was about to be fooled
He says that they have been aware of the identity thefts for a long time and that it started even before the Norwegian “Melodi Grand Prix” final in the winter of 2009.
– There have been cases where a girl was about to meet someone she thought was Alexander, but was wiser. We are a group that work to stop this, especially on Facebook. We report cases and they are relatively quick to take action. It has been a daily process through the last 18 months.
“Good evening Norway” has gone through a number of the fake profiles.
Despite efforts from Rybak helpers, there are more than 500 fake profiles.
– To be best prepared we have recruited a number of people of foreign languages to help us: Russian, German, Romanian, Greek, Turkish etc. They are those who call themselves Rybaks “facebookies. . The most competent among them, we have entrusted with administrative privileges. This way, we overcome this to a certain level in several languages, explains Tiltnes.
Has not damaged life and health
Despite the massive amounts of fake profiles, Rybaks manager has not heard about incidents where things have gone really bad.
– There has been many negative episodes, but they have not harmed life or health for anyone and that’s good.
. Tiltnes says, that Alexander himself sometimes also write messages to the community, but only on his private facebook-account or the official facebook-fanpage.
– He is now in the studio, recording tracks for a Russian album. He also practices for the show with Bettan at the Club Hotel in Tonsberg, so he works from morning till night with his jobs.
INSTRUCTIONS ON HOW TO REPORT A FAKE PAGE:
YOU CAN ALSO USE THIS LINK
FINALLY, YOU CAN POST THIS VIDEO AND SEND IT TO PEOPLE, WHO YOU WANT TO BE AWARE OF THE PROBLEM!!!