Author: Erik Munster Helmet
Photo: Per Gidling
Found by Ulli C. Translated by Tessa Lande. English revision by Katie Anderson.
SHOWTIME: It will not be quiet when (from left) Didrik Solli-Tangen, Christine Koth, Elisabet Bettan Andreasen, and Alexander enter the stage in Klubben this summer. In addition, Klubben also offers their summer audience a performance with Elsa Lystad.
TØNSBERG: Christine Koht, Bettan, Alexander Rybak, Didrik Solli-Tangen, and Elsa Lystad. Look forward to this year’s Klubben-summer.
– All that about Klubben and the cabaret tradition is one thing. But, for me it’s equally as big to have a summer show in what that has become my city, Tønsberg.- Christine Koht says, as usual.
There will be three different shows at Klubben this summer. Koth Starts with “Koth fyrer løs- er det mulig å få fred?” June 27th. Bettan, Rybak, and Solli-Tangen are passed the baton July 11th before Elsa Lystad ends it all with “Mitt liv som Elsa Lystad” from July 27th.
RETURN:Didrik Solli-Tangen, Bettan, and Alexander Rybak are back on the stage at Klubben this summer too.
To feel wanted
– We had a very good time last year. And it’s really fun to sell tickets.- Elisabeth “Bettan” Andreassen smiles.
– We felt a little urge to come back.- Alexander Rybak adds.
– There’s something about the feeling of being wanted.- Didrik Solli-Tangen says.
The trio showed up, along with Koht, at Klubben on Monday morning in April to promote their summer show.
Christine Koht Harnoe has become a thoroughbred Tønsberg inhabitant. She hardly knows what good she can say about the city she lives in now.
Inspired and relaxed
-What is so brilliant about Tønsberg, and what I noticed especially when I put together this show, was that one can manage to be both inspired and relaxed at the same time. Something like that, I have never experienced before. I come from Asker, and I’ve lived most of my life in Oslo. It is neither Asker nor Oslo I think of as my “my place”. It is Tønsberg.- she continues.
Neither Bettan, Rybak, or Solli-Tangen have had any difficulties to boast about (the summer town) Tønsberg.
“Here one can work and one can have vacation. Here one can gather friends and acquaintances. Tønsberg is an easy place to be”,- they all say.
– Our performance is a bit like a field. We decide to have a few “beets” here, some “carrots” there, and a field with “potatoes” in addition.- Didrik Solli-Tangen says.
– We are just like the potato, we can be used for everything.- Rybak says.
Koht seems to have gotten a new, and much better, life after she moved to Tønsberg. Will she let it shine through in her show that she thrives so extremely in Tønsberg?
– Can you guess?
Summer in Klubben
“Bettan, Alexander, & Didrik.” The trio is back with a brand new show:
“This year, like last year, the trio frolic in a musical jewelery box with a wide variety of pieces.
It is all mixed with a good dose of humor, both on a musical and verbal level.
“Premiere 11th of July!”