Pleasant mood: Another adventurous day in young Rybak’s life
AT THE THROAT OF ALEXANDER RYBAK
Journalist : Morten Ramm. Photographer : Espen Solli
Found by Olina Novikova, translated by Tessa Lande
Article Revision by Anni Jowett
Cool celebrities should pick on the ones further down the hierarchy. Therefore we let Morten Ramm from “Torsdagskveld fra Nydalen» nag on the fiddle-Jack Alexander Rybak.
How many girls have you actually “said hi to”?
– It is not few enough that I can keep the count, and there are not many enough that it might be fun to keep counting.
You’ve done all what an artist should not do in the media. Why?
– I was overwhelmed by the fact that people liked me, but eventually it was more important to be understood than to be popular.
But people still don’t understand you yet?
– There are a few who understand me, and we meet at TGI Friday’s every week.
What was the quarrel between you and Didrik Solli-Tangen about?
– We were two young promising guys who both were busy with our work. The media wanted to put us together in all possible settings. We did not need the media to do that for us, because we had managed to do it ourselves if we had wanted and had time for it.
Do you really mean seriously that Didrik Solli-Tangen is not an idiot?
– Of course he is not! But he is very media-driven, and I’m not. On that we disagree.
How would you describe your own media profile?
– Due to all what is happening in my life, I keep a very low profile.
What happened to the violin you broke on the sound check in Sweden? Was it expensive or just a simple fiddle? Was it planned?
– It was crushed. A simple fiddle from China. It was planned 3 seconds before I did it.
How much have you earned on the Eurovision success? Scored by pleasure or money?
– Both scales are ok. Money has led to a lot of fun, including an Xbox 360 and a TV from Loewe.
Do you think that you make quality music?
– My music is a good complement to every other shit you hear on the radio.
You must surely admit that the “Allsang på grensen” is both an oldie and a bit stupid?
– I am an old man trapped in a girl’s wet dreams. And I like both.
How does it feel to get ass reviews from all credible music reviews in Norway?
– Do you mean those who once dreamed of becoming popular musicians? I’m living the dream and make music and albums, while their job is to write about what I make. Must be the world’s worst job. And they have neither the Xbox 360 or TV from Loewe.