Article published on gaganews.com.ua, April 23 2012, 8:29
Link to the original here
Found by Ulli Cologne. Translated by Zhanna Sergueeva. English revision by Lillian Llewellyn
Alexander Rybak came to Kiev for a few days to shoot the video for the song, “The Arrow of Cupid.” Alexander Filatovich is the director of the video .
What the new song is about and why the singer chose the Ukrainian director, we asked the singer personally.
– My new video is for the song ‘The Arrow of Cupid’. The song is about the fact that a person often is lonely even if he looks joyful and happy.
– Why did you choose Ukrainian director Alexander Filatovich for your new video?
– I really like his work. We already made the video for the song “Europe’s Skies” together and it is very easy to work with him, he doesn’t get ‘star fever’. He’s like a friend, and it is not rare in this world and in this business. And in addition he’s a very good director.
– After “Eurovision” in which country are you most welcomed?
– It is very difficult to say for me because I feel that I am awaited in SCadinavia and Eastern Europe. But my bases are Russia, Ukraine, Norway and Sweden.
– Is it In these countries that you have most of the concerts?
– Not exactly. There are a lot of concerts and corporate events in Azerbaijan and Armenia. I would like to make a tour in Ukraine soon. I hope a producer will be interested .
The video was filmed at several locations. It started in the Hotel ‘Riviera’ on Pochtovaya Square, where by the way Alexander Rybak stayed, and then it continued on the Boulevard of Lesya Ukrainka, where the artist was met by enamoured couples selected to participate in the video by the singer himself .