Alexander Rybak: – I don’t want to be a trendsetter.
Text to header photo: STRICT ORDERS: Alexander Rybak was a guest in Thursday’s episode of “Happy Day” and was very clear about the fact that Jan Thomas was not allowed to touch his eyebrows.
Norway’s fiddler, Alexander Rybak, prefers to dress discrete, but loves clothes with Mickey Mouse motives.
Source: TV2.no, published 08.11.2011. Author: Anders Rydning. Photos: Anne Mari Myklebust.
Found and translated by Marianne Saietz, revised by Bita J.
In Thursday’s episode of «Happy Day», Jan Thomas had a celebrity visitor, Alexander Rybak. The popular «Grand Prix» star is not interested in being a trendsetter, but admits that he spends a lot of time in front of the mirror…
– Stay away from the eyebrows
Alexander Rybak admits that he is just like many other men when it comes to his style.
– I’m probably one of those who pretends to not care about what I wear, but I actually spend more time in front of the mirror than one would think, says Alexander.
The fiddler is ready for a makeover by Jan Thomas, but points out very clearly that there is one area the stylist is absolutely not allowed to alter anything about:
– Stay away from the eyebrows!
Alexander prefers to keep a casual and comfortable style, and says that he has become more confident in style during the last two years since his career really took off. Nevertheless, Alexander is not interested in being a trendsetter.
– Although it’s always nice when people ask where the clothes are bought, he says.
One thing Alexander always likes to have is clothes with Mickey Mouse motives.
– I love Mickey Mouse, he admits.
Styling for concert
In a few weeks time, before Christmas, Alexander goes on tour for the Christmas concert “Vinterbilder” (Winter Pictures) with Dennis Storhøi and Anne Vada.
– Is clothing important for such a show? – Jan Thomas asks.
– Yes! Clothing contributes to creating a unity for the show, which helps to provide the right atmosphere on stage and in front of the audience,- Alexander says.
Watch the video from the TV-show of “Happy Day” with Alexander HERE