Article published at www.spaniaavisen.no on 03.10.2013
Author: Marianne Kirkebø Myren
Translation by Jorunn Ekre. Revision by Anni Jowett
Siegmund Watty has most things ready before the 11th edition of the Norwegian-Spanish days.
Alexander Rybak has two concerts during the Norwegian-Spanish days.
You have to be quick if you want to catch the winner of the Eurovision Song Contest in Alfaz del Pi in November.
Alexander Rybak won the Eurovision Song Contest in 2009. He will present all of his popular pop songs, not the least Fairytale, but you also get to know the classical violinist when he gives two concerts on November 14 and 15.
Rybak will perform together with local artists in Alfaz del Pi, such as the school choir of the Norwegian school in Costa Blanca (DNCBS), and the dance group “Dans Favor and Streetwise”.
Lydia Hoem will also sing during the concerts. Lydia has won Ungdommens Musikkmesterskap four times and is considered one of the biggest talents among the young classical singers in Norway.
– We have gained a large network of famous artists now, because we’ve had Norwegian-Spanish days for so many years. When our request for collaboration with Rybak was accepted, we were of course delighted, says promoter Siegmund Watty to Vikingposten.
Watty normally works at the culture school in Enebakk, while co-promoter Erland Dalen is a perennial choir conductor from Hamar. Together they have created a great program this year too.
– We always try to keep a versatile profile on the event. We always have a writer and we always include both classical and pop music. There will also be an art exhibit this year,- says Watty to Vikingposten.
Since Alexander Rybak is so famous and popular it’s the first time they have numbered seats at the culture house in Alfaz del Pi, so it`s probably wise to get tickets early. There’s only 400 seats at the biggest hall belonging to Casa Cultura. You can get tickets either online, or the phone or directly at the box office at Casa Cultura in Alfaz del Pi.
November 9-16 are the Norwegian-Spanish days again for the 11th time. In addition to Rybak there will be other events all week. Already on Saturday, November 9 at 12 pm the art exhibit with paintings by Eloy Garcia will open at the church centre in Albir. On November 11 Pedro Camona Alvarez and Kirsti Baggethun will present Norwegian literature that has been translated into Spanish and present a book package from the Norwegian Embassy to the library in Alfaz del Pi. This will also take place at Casa Cultura.
Pedro Carmona Alvares is one of Norway’s most appraised authors by literature critics who have won the Cappelen award, the Norwegian poetry club prize and the Critics Award. Meet him as well at the book event on November 12 at Kirkesenteret in Albir.
The week is rounded off with a closing party and dinner for the audience and artists at the Hotel Albir Playa.
HOW TO BOOK TICKETS ONLINE:
Open this link:
– To book tickets online you first have to open an account. Click on “Nuevo Usario”.
– Only passport ID or National ID card nr can be used as “Username” (USARIO)
– the adress is not important. You can type in whatever
This post is also available in Русский.