For the first time Alexander Rybak shows off his apartement at Aker Brygge.
Welcome! Alexander Rybak (27) is of current interest with the TV2 success “Hver Gang Vi Møtes”.
– I got along best with Sigvart Dagsland. He thinks of music at the same level as me. I am already looking forward to the next time I’ll see him, he tells.
The busy guy with the fiddle is traveling most of the time. He is away from home 250 days a year. When he happens to be at his apartment at Aker Brygge in Oslo he enjoys relaxing in front of his new 55 inch 4K-TV.
Article in the paper issue of Se & Hør, published 13.4.2014. Text: Per Sigve Kleppe. Photos: Henning Jensen Found, scanned and translated by Jorunn E. English revision by Anni Jowett.
Alexander opens the doors to his bachelor burrow
Bachelor burrow: The 55 inch TV is the centerpiece of the living room. – I enjoy life when I get to sit on the couch and play video games, said Alexander Rybak.
I have learnt to enjoy life when I`m at home. This is my “safe house”. I play TV-games, watch movies and build LEGO. LEGO is what I busy myself with when I write lyrics, he tells.
Lives here: In 2010 Alexander bought a 90 square metre apartment at the attractive area Aker Brygge in Oslo. He paid a little over five million Norwegian krone for it.
– I remember I got scolded by my Norwegian teacher in primary school. We got a book, and we students were going to read one chapter a week. I read the book in a few hours. The teacher did not believe me and got grumpy, smiles Alexander.
Could have been burnt out
Playing the violin at Alexander’s level is a demanding exercise. Dad Igor tells they are happy he doesn’t only give violin concerts.
– If that was the case, my son would’ve been burnt out already. It`s difficult to understand how demanding it is to give a violin concert, tells Igor who says his son was already a capable violinist at the age of six.
Many people claim that Alexander has the gene of a genius in his body. Like many other geniuses he has chosen his own path. Sometimes things have become too much for him, like when he hit his hand against the wall in rage. And when he smashed his violin during a rehearsal.
Sushi dinner: The Rybak family are having a very nice time chatting around the dinner table. Alexander served sushi.
World fame: Here Alexander Rybak is pictured during his performance of Fairytale at the final in Moscow in 2009. This was the moment that changed his life.
Nice memories: The trophy of all trophies is standing on the mantle: The proof that he won the Eurovision Song Contest in 2009 with the legendary Fairytale
– I can go 12 days in a row with four to five hours of sleep. Then I’m out of balance. If it`s in addition to a big pressure similar things like when I hit my hand against the wall and had to wear a cast occurred. But now I have learnt to live with it. Now I’m able to stay calm in such situations.
The MGP-legend is used to high and low tunes. The music reflects his life.
– Sometimes I don’t feel anything. It’s all empty. During those periods I’m the most susceptible, and often those are the times when I create new music, he tells.
Could`ve been “The Bachelor”
Music has given Alexander opportunities and great offers. Some things he has accepted, others he regrets turning down.
– I turned down being a guest at the Oprah Winfrey show a few years ago. Also I turned down participating in the Ukrainian celebrity Version of “The Bachelor”. They offered me 8 million Krone, but I had a girlfriend at the time. If I had received the offer today, the answer would’ve surely been different, he says smiling.
At the age of 27, however, he has achieved more than most people. That’s why it’s suitable to finish this article with these words from Alexander:
– This isn’t something a mother or father enjoys hearing, but I can say that if I died today I would’ve died a lucky man.
Bettan keeps the artist buddies in line.
Fruit plate: Alexander serves Bettan and Didrik a healthy breakfast at Hotel Klubben in Tønsberg. Jokes about single life: Elisabeth Andreassen demands that Alexander Rybak (left) and Didrik Solli-Tangen stay single until after the trio`s summer shows are over.
Source: paper issue of Se&Hør, published on 16.4.2013 Text: Per Sigve Klepper. Photo: Morten Eik
Found by Tessa Lande. Translated by Jorunn Ekre. English revision by Anni Jowett & Katie Anderson.
Found by Tessa Lande. English translation by Tessa Lande & Susanne Berlin. English revision by Anni Jowett.
Text to the pic: At the cinema together! Study trip: We are at the movie to find out if there is something from “Les Miserables” we can use, Alexander Rybak says, who compares Annsofi’s song with Eponines “On My Own” in the famous musical.
Annsofi hints about MGP partner Rybak.
This is what she really thinks about Alexander.
When Alexander disappeared for 2 minutes, Annsofi Pettersen grabbed the chance: – Now I can tell what I really think about him!
If not sweet music, it’s certainly cheerful tones between Alexander Rybak (26) and Annsofi Pettersen (18) when they meet “Her & Nå “at the restaurant Brasserie 74 in Sarpsborg.
Found by Tessa La, English Translation by Mary Ann H.
Beautiful Yana Obodets was among the 400 who wanted the role. The beautiful girl was Alexander’s obvious first choice.
Charmer Alexander is one of Norway’s most coveted bachelors. Ukrainian press speculate about him falling for sweet Yana.
I became infatuated by her
The Grand Prix-winner reveals the truth about his relationship with his beautiful opponent.
Alexander Rybak (26) is having a great success with his newest song “Leave Me Alone”, which is inspired by an Israeli lady, who has been stalking him for several years.
But the story also has its bright side. When Alexander was about to record a music video to the song in Ukraine, he arranged a huge audition for the role as his opponent in the video.
-Even if I don’t imagine the most beautiful picture of the woman who is stalking me, I still wanted to show her in the fairest possible way in the video. Among the 400 models I fell for Yana Obodets (21) from Donetsk, says Alexander.
At the filming location there seemed to have grown hot feelings between them and the Ukrainian press speculates if he and Yana have become a couple.
-I don’t plan to get a girlfriend who lives that far away. Still I was infatuated by her. When the filming got close to be lasting 24 hours in a row, it was the flirting that kept us going!
-We are just friends, but I look forward to having her as a guest in Norway, Alexander admits.
The artist has been a single since July, after the break-up with his girlfriend Maria Slyngstad (26).
Photo: Top grade. Alexander Rybak had his Bachelor-exam concert at Barratt Due and got an A, which is the top grade.
Made the celebrities cry!
A classic! Alexander Rybak’s exam concert at Barratt Due was so touching that his artist friend Marian Aas Hansen (37) didn’t manage to hold back the tears. -” I have played violin for 10 years, and can confirm that what Alexander is doing here, is at an extremely high level “, a touched Marian says to Se&Hør. Alexander got the top grade for his exam concert.
Source: paper issue of Se&Hør 12.6.2012. Written by : Espen Solli. Photos: Per Sigve Kleppe
Article in the paper issue of newspaper “Østlandsposten”, published on 30.01.2012.
Journalist: Rikke Askersrud. Photo: Mats Grimsæth
Found and translated by Mari Andersen
Among the nearly three thousand spectators, one could also find some previous Eurovision winners. Didrik Solli-Tangen and Alexander Rybak had made the trip to be a part of the cheering audience. A position they were really satisfied with. “Right now, I could not imagine standing on stage. There is tremendous pressure and a lot of nerves. I’m just fine here as a clapping audience,” Rybak smiles, and get support from Solli-Tangen: “Tonight I’m enjoying the other’s achievements. And by saying that, I have to say that the representatives from Larvik has done an incredibly good job tonight”.
Article found, scanned and translated into English by Veronica Nord.
Journalist: Per Sigve Kleppe
Said no to the king of musical.
Openhearted! AR speak out about drugs, his new album – and the celebrities he has rejected.
– You are out with a new СВ again, can you tell a bit about the album?
– It’s released both in Norway and Sweden and is called “Visa vid Vindens anger”. It’s a collaboration with the Swedish troubadour Matt Paulson (73), who I have known for over two years. He’s a living legend for me, and it has really been therapy to work with him on this album. After two turbulent years, I needed something that was a little down to earth/laidback, says Rybak.