Radio interview (video) and article with Alexander, Marian and Rune from Stille Natt Hellige Natt
Finally Alexander Rybak is “just” a violinist
Source: krs.247.no Text and photo by Glenn Th. Faannessen
There are many elements to grab when Rune Larsen, Marian Aas Hansen and Alexander Rybak are among the players. Tore Endresen is missed a lot, but the MGP-stamp Rybak is not particularly missed by the violinist Rybak.
– After something settled as Grand Prix, it’s hard to tear yourself out of a bubble that the media has created. Here I can actually be a violinist. I do not feel that I have to meet the expectations by putting on a white shirt and vest and do exactly the same things, says Rybak to KRS247.
– And Rune is not Lollipop-Rune, either.
– That’s absolutely right. Those who expect Lollipop will be disappointed. This is something else. When Alexander plays his violin numbers every night there is a tremendous response to it. It says something about our concert that we can have a sing-along with the audience, artistic touches as Alexander stands for, says Larsen before he is interrupted.
– And the humour with Rune, Rybak shoots in.
– I’m a bit of a joker, Larsen confirms joyfully.
Marian Aas Hansen believes that the audiences who come back year after year, have their expectations that should be met.
– We have an audience who come year after year because they get what they expect plus they get surprises. It is about keeping some of the essence of “Stille Natt” and Christmas but also to renew, says Aas Hansen.