By: Morten Hegseth and Marcus Husby
Alexander leans to his mother’s comforting words, when the scandal headlines and life is as toughest. Now he has moved on after the tough “Shall we dance” –time in Sweden with sleeping pills, disease and infidelity stories in the weekly press. I don’t think about the time in Sweden anymore, it’s so long ago now. I’m done with that period of my life, Rybak said.
Both the Swedish and Norwegian magazine unfolding Rybak’s alleged relationship with his Swedish “Shall we dance” partner Malin Johansson (24) at the final party to the dance competition. This happened while Rybak is in a relationship with his doctor girlfriend Maria Strøm Slyngstad – which he proclaimed his love for at the “Spellemann” this year.
– I felt disgusted when the article was published. It was not good. It is not myself I think of first and foremost, but my closest family and friends. I always notify them before such “doomsday cases” are in print, but this was not ok. No one wants to see kissing pictures smeared out all over a front page, he said.
– What did your mother said about infidelity matter?
– Mum was the first who told me that with my success it is not possible to maintain a nice image all the time. She always cares for me.
WENT TO U.S.
VG meets Alexander Rybak during his scheduled meeting with the German fans, the day after Stella Mwangi’s Eurovision-exit.
Women in their 40s, screaming teen girls and shy gay men flock around the 2009’s undisputed Eurovison winner.
Rybak is back in great shape after he reached bottom in April, and traveled to the United States and took his first vacation in 3 years. And he did that together with his girlfriend Maria.
– We were in Los Angeles and it was luxury all the way. We used, among other things, the time to visit a numbers of parks including Disney World and Six Flags. I was like a little child again, completely out of work and stress for a week.
– Did you get those depressive thoughts when you finally got relax?
Yes, I had thoughts in my head all the time, but it was necessary to have a holiday. They say that we should strike while the iron is hot, but there are limits. The most important thing for me is not to earn most money now, but to make brief appearances and work with the people I want to. Not necessarily those with most success,- he says.
NEW ESC PLANS
The Fairytale star experienced Stella Euro Vision-exit with shock.
To VG he reveals that he is now wants to participate in next year’s Eurovision as a composer. In addition, he wants to do a musical collaboration with Mwangi.
– Now I scan all the Eastern Bloc countries to find a country I want to make music for. Ukraine, Belarus and Russia are interesting, but since the latter won a short time ago, it stays between the first two,- he reveals.
NOT AFRAID OF SCANDALS
– Could you imagine a musical collaboration with Stella Mwangi?
– Yes, absolutely. She stands on my list of wanted partners,- Rybak says, who thinks Stella should now give full speed for her artist career.– She is going to get many great deals in the future, and she should accept the best,- he said.
Rybak entered the flashlight as the personification of the traditional national character. But after three years in a flash rain his image changed.
Rybak has had public breakdown with fiddle crushing and violent outbursts. In addition, love affairs and rumors about his ex-girlfriends abound in Norwegian and foreign media.
– There are two types of artists: those who reconcile with public scandals and those who do not. I’m not afraid of scandals anymore.
– Do you feel like a scandal artist?
– Well, theoretical all artists who get attention is that,- Rybak smiles gently.
This post is also available in Русский.