Source: Paper issue of SE&HØR 4.4.2014
Author: Per Sigve Kleppe, photographer: Jenning Jensen
Found by Marit Olavsdatter. Translated by Jorunn Ekre & TessaLa. Revised by Katie Andersson
Comments written on the picture:
– Honest and open: Alexander Rybak tells about ups and downs in his life.
– Alexander Rybak doesn’t have time for a girlfriend.
– Name: Alexander Rybak. Born: Minsk, Belarus, Marital status: Yes, mostly. Current with: Hver gang vi møtes on TV2
– I’m married to music. Alexander Rybak is only 27 years old, but has experienced more than most people.
DOESN’T NEED CHILDREN OF HIS OWN
Here`s my life. The musician and pop star is to be seen on TV2 in “Hver gang vi møtes”. In this interview he answers questions about everything from his proudest moment in life to what food he makes in the kitchen. Alexander Rybak (27) also tells us what music he himself listens to.
How do you stay in shape when you travel so much?
-By having lots of ambitions and being nervous. I also try to be kind to people. Such things burn calories.
What does your family mean to you?
– I live a versatile life and I travel a lot. My family means everything to my identity.
How would you describe your relationship to the opposite sex? Do you have anyone special in mind?
– I`m married to music, and my lover is a Samsung Ultra- HD TV.
You`re an only child, have you thought about whether you want children yourself, and if so how many?
– I don`t feel it`s a must with children on my own, but as an only child I really enjoy having children around me. I love making kids laugh.
Are you romantic?
-Not in an overly dramatic way like earlier. I cry every time I see “Wall-E” or the “Beauty and the Beast”, but I live a happy life myself.
What is your best childhood memory?
– The first day in Norway. I felt at home right away.
What is the most daring thing you`ve done?
-When I kissed the girl I liked , for the first time. I have gained a lot from that later in life.
Have you ever done anything illegal? Have you ever been arrested?
-Not that I recall, but I guess it should be illegal to say no to Oprah Winfrey. Still I did it because of the Swedish concerts that crashed with the shooting.
What`s the craziest thing you`ve done?
– I turned down Russia`s biggest festival to visit my girlfriend in Tanzania. It didn`t seem crazy at the time.
Do you sing in the shower? If so, what?
-“Happy” by Pharell Williams. It actually fits well with my voice!
What are you most proud of in your life?
-That I didn`t give in to the money after Eurovision and kept my classical roots. Apart from that I`m very proud of my collection of trophies.
What are you least proud of ?
– I refused to participate in the “Bachelor” in Ukraine, although they offered me eight million Norwegian krones. That was a stupid choice.
Do you like to make food? If so – what do you like to serve?
– I like to make all kinds of meat and chicken. However sauces and such I don’t bother to make myself. I get those at ICA. (grocery store – translator’s note).
What do you prefer to eat during the summer? And what can you not stand?
– Shrimp and crabs remains the ultimate summer food. With strawberries for dessert.
What music do you listen to the most?
– I’ve never understood how people can relate to only one type of music. I appreciate Rachmaninoff when I need rest, Stevie Wonder when I’m in love, Pharell when I want to dance and Eminen when I’m excited.
Do you read in bed?
– No, the bed is for sleep and such stuff.
What thoughts do you have about death?
– I think I have experienced so much that if I die tomorrow, I die happy.
What is your live’s happiest moment?
– That’s when I kissed for the first time. When I got home I put “Blomstervalsen (Flower Waltz)” by Tchaikovsky on full blast and danced around the room.
What makes you happy?
– When guys dare to admit that they like my music.
What do you like to watch on TV?
– The football World Cup! Otherwise, I only watch TV series (Dexter, Californication) and movies.
What is the most challenging decision you have ever had to make?
– Keep my childhood sweetheart or become world famous.
Do you have a secret you’ve never told anyone? And can you maybe reveal it now?
– I cannot dive. I try 1000 times each summer, but there is something strange with my balance.
Are you concerned about clothing and fashion? How do you like to dress?
– It doesn’t help if the pants are fashionable, if it makes me look like I have 10 kilograms of candy in my pocket.
You can read this article also in Hungarian.
This post is also available in Русский.