Journalist: Ane Bjerkan
Found and translated by Tessa Lande
Anne’s Winter pictures.
Anne Vada, Alexander Rybak and Dennis Storhøi has decided to give the audience some of their winter pictures and festive mood with the concert tour “Vinterbilder”. This evening the trio visit Steinkjer Church.
And it is Steinkjer’s own Anne Vada who is the initiator of the Christmas concert tour. She has planned the tour since January, and this summer she contacted Rybak and Storhøi.
– It’s good to have long time with the projects. Sometimes it’s about developing something, to sleep on it and have the time, Alexander Rybak smiling.
He says it’s good to be in Vadas Christmas project, and that he looks forward to travel around and see Norway’s towns and cities again.
– Last year I was out on the road with my own Christmas concert and big band. I was both musical director, financial responisble, and actually was in charge of all the tasks. This year, I can relax a little more, Rybak says.
Christmas concert will consist of both traditional and new Christmas songs. The musical pieces are bound together in a serious and light tone, through stories about Christmas and midwinter.
– For me, Christmas is not only a time of joy and good mood. There is also a time of the year where one thinks a lot of those we have lost and are missing. When we called the concert “Vinterbilder”, I feel we got more space for the repertoire and the mood we wanted to express, explain Vada.
Dennis Storhøi says that he hopes that they will be in close contact with the audience during concerts.
– It’s amazing when the stage and audience merge. If the public only knew how much they mean to us who are on stage. The church area also provides a different concentration than the other rooms, and contact with the audience get even closer, he says.
Strong relationship with Steinkjer church.
Anne Vada said she is looking forward particularly to the concert in Steinkjer Church. “The first time I held a Christmas concert there, I was 10 years. Since then I have sung there in Christmas several times,” Vada says.
She explains eagerly to Rybak and Storhøi about the churchroom, and Weidemann’s stained glass windows.
– For my part, this is the third time I visit Steinkjer. The last time was at the Viking Festival, Rybak says.
Christmas music and Christmas spirit.
The artists have a strong relationship with Christmas music, and to both Alexander and Anne “My Heart Stood Still” is the favorite Christmas song.
Before Christmas I like to listen to Helene Bøksle and Him Gospel Choir. “I also thinks the new CD from the Salvation Army, is nice,” Vada says.
After the tour Anne sets the course for the Christmas celebration at Venabygdsfjellet. Alexander is also looking forward to some quiet days with his family. “At Christmas, the whole family play togehter, has a lot of visits and I walk the dog,” Rybak says and smile..
This post is also available in Русский.