No summer without the “Soot-Play”
When this year’s “Soot-Play” is premiered this Friday, Edda (6), Moa (12) and Vilma (10) share the stage with their dad, Lars Johansson.
Excerpts from an article in Smaalenene Avis, published 20.6.17, Text and photo: Elise Byman-Brattås and Joakim Chavez Seldal. Read the complete article HERE
– It has become a tradition for us. No summer without “Soot”, says Lars Johansson. Now the rehearsals have started, and the girls have become accustomed to be around Alexander Rybak.
– We meet Alexander every day and don’t think much about it, but it is fun to be together with a celebrity, says Moa and Wilma.
He is very clever, and he takes his time with the children. When it was Moa’s birthday he for example played the birthday song for her on the fiddle. He is very down to earth, and at the same time professional. Alexander is very skilled, praises Lars Johansson, and adds that Dennis Storhøi is clever with the children too.
– The “Soot-Play” is very good, because the actors are so clever in remembering their lines and such, says Vilma.
– The Play looks real, the singers are good, and I really recommend it because Rybak is there too, says Moa.
– It is great because it is fun. We do funny things and the Play is not boring. I love being here, says Edda.
The “Soot-Play” premiere is Friday 23. June and keeps on till 2. July. It is the third year. 43 actors take part in the 11 shows in the Locker Amphi. On the last weekend there will be two shows on Saturday and Sunday. New this year is Kjersti Elvik, who takes part as an actor.
This is the place Alexander spends most of his time during the Play together with the other musicians.
This post is also available in Norsk.