Article from www.dagbladet.no, published on 31.08.2013
Author: Marthe Jakobsen
Found and translated by Hilde M. English revision by Anni Jowett.
DURING THE RECORDING: Now the recording of the popular TV 2 program “Every time we meet” has started, and Alexander Rybak says he was surprised by all the impressions he got while being part of the series. Photo: Kristin Svorte
– It made me a soft man
Alexander Rybak says the “Every time we meet” experience was very special.
(Dagbladet): It is four years since Alexander Rybak (27) became a superstar overnight after winning both the Norwegian and international Eurovision Song Contest final.
Now he is participating in the next season of the successful program “Every time we meet” in the company of Lars Lillo-Stenberg, Samsaya, Sigvart Dagsland, Simone Larsen, Øivind “Elg” Elgenes and Anneli Drecker.
– I’m a kind of like a craftsman
Rybak says he chose to join the popular TV 2 program because he sees it as “the best music entertainment that is on TV at the moment.”
– I’m kind of like a craftsman. I usually get a TV show and do what I have prepared, but here it is very special.
– I get to play with six other people who share the same lifestyle as me, and I did not know I would get so many impressions while being here.
The concept of the series is that famous artists create their own twist on each other’s songs, and Rybak has definite ideas about what he wants to hear when it is his turn to be interpreted.
– I hope someone will interpret some of the more serious ballads. It was always the nice happy songs that stole all the attention from the more “adult” songs. So I hope some of the other artists put these a little more to the front,- he says to Dagbladet.
Not too much can be disclosed about the upcoming season yet, but Rybak said that there was one particular moment, without being able to go into detail, that touched him very much during the recording.
– It will probably be some fun for my friends to see that proud, strong Alexander was soft like a pussycat. It made me a soft man, for a while at least,- he laughs.
Works with musical
After busy times abroad recently, Rybak is now back in Norway, and he tells Dagbladet that he has come to stay.
– I have no doubt that I will forever live and have my base in Norway. Lately I have been traveling around a bit, but now it’s Norway he focuses on,- he says, and continues:
– In the last year and a half now I have prepared a family musical that will be in Norwegian, and that will be out next year. I’ve done both Swedish and Russian-language albums, but now the focus is on Norway.
This post is also available in Русский.